Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 built-in microphone doesn't work

jklockhart21
jklockhart21 Member Posts: 3 New User
I'm setting up my brand new Acer Swift 3 SF314-42, and the built-in microphone doesn't work.  Headphones work fine.  I've scanned previous questions for similar issues, and followed suggestions.  I've uninstalled / reinstalled the drivers : AMD Audio Device (v2.0.0.38), AMD High Definition Audio Device (v10.0.1.16), and Realtek(R) Audio (v6.0.8971.1) to no avail.  The properties of each claim "This device is working properly."  I've checked and security permissions allow access to the microphone, allow apps to access the microphone, and allow desktop apps to access the microphone.  What else can I do to get the microphone to work?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Is there a chance the input volume is set too low?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jklockhart21
    from Sounds --> Recording, both Microphone Array and Stereo Mix are set at 100
  • billsey
    Which device is chosen for input? In the input settings does test your device do anything?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jklockhart21
    Microphone Array was set for input.  Test your microphone does nothing.  External microphones when plugged in work fine.
  • billsey
    OK, it sounds like it's pretty much pinned down to the hardware. The mic is part of the camera module, so usually if the camera works the mic does too. Go ahead and contact Acer support and see what they think. They'll likely run your through a lot of the same diagnostics, but at least they will get you fixed up in the end. :)