PC Freezing Randomly [WINDOWS 11] [Acer Nitro N50-620Gaming PC]

DylanB98
DylanB98 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited December 2021 in Windows 11
After purchasing this PC about a month ago this has been an ongoing issue and I am having troubles finding a resolution.

Anytime I am doing something that idles such as watching youtube, twitch, etc at random times my PC will full freeze and will not come back. This requires me to do a hard restart of my computer to fix it. I currently use Chrome on Windows 11. I have noticed a lot of posts about Windows 11 causing freezing but none of the fixes I have found has worked for me.

Any suggestions on how to properly fix this would be great.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    Which Nitro 50 model do you have? It should be something like N50-xxx-xxxx. Can you pin it down to a specific app running? Try booting in safe mode to see if you can get it to happen there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DylanB98
    billsey said:
    Which Nitro 50 model do you have? It should be something like N50-xxx-xxxx. Can you pin it down to a specific app running? Try booting in safe mode to see if you can get it to happen there.
    I currently have the Nitro N50-620 Model.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer
    DylanB98 said:
    After purchasing this PC about a month ago this has been an ongoing issue and I am having troubles finding a resolution.

Anytime I am doing something that idles such as watching youtube, twitch, etc at random times my PC will full freeze and will not come back. This requires me to do a hard restart of my computer to fix it. I currently use Chrome on Windows 11. I have noticed a lot of posts about Windows 11 causing freezing but none of the fixes I have found has worked for me.

How did you install Win-11? Did you do an upgrade from Win-10 or a clean install? As a clean install is the best installation for a new OS. Also remember that Win-11 is a new OS and allot of these bugs are the usual things that MS doesn’t worry about and they just release their new OS’s to consumers, this happened with Win-10 also. Watching youtube and twitch is governed by your browser and its ability to run these videos properly, make sure that your Win-11 is up to date from MS and that you have installed all the drivers for your Nitro N50-620 model as and with the new Win-11 each installation acts differently due to and to the suitability of the new drivers you have installed for your Nitro N50-620 model to perform perfectly, install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant for all the latest Intel drivers for your Nitro N50-620 model and use the latest drivers from NVIDIA as a start to fixing these problems.

• DylanB98
    I had upgraded but I reverted back to Windows 10 last night and the issue so far has not come back. I will report back in the next couple of days to see if this issue was based off of Windows 11 or if the issue continues.
  • DylanB98
    edited December 2021
    After reverting to Windows 10, The issue still exists. It was about 5 days since the last time it occured so it isn't as often as Windows 11 to this point.
  • DylanB98
    StevenGen said:
    DylanB98 said:

How did you install Win-11? Did you do an upgrade from Win-10 or a clean install? As a clean install is the best installation for a new OS. Also remember that Win-11 is a new OS and allot of these bugs are the usual things that MS doesn’t worry about and they just release their new OS’s to consumers, this happened with Win-10 also. Watching youtube and twitch is governed by your browser and its ability to run these videos properly, make sure that your Win-11 is up to date from MS and that you have installed all the drivers for your Nitro N50-620 model as and with the new Win-11 each installation acts differently due to and to the suitability of the new drivers you have installed for your Nitro N50-620 model to perform perfectly, install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant for all the latest Intel drivers for your Nitro N50-620 model and use the latest drivers from NVIDIA as a start to fixing these problems.

I downloaded the driver support assistant and everything was up to date. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and the issue still occurs.
  • kjgo
    kjgo Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi I've run into the same issues almost exactly as you, did you manage to find a solution?
  • CaptainMac
    CaptainMac Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same problem i bought a brand new acer nitro 50 about 3 weeks ago and it is constantly freezing
  • billsey
    Does it freeze independent of the software running, or only in some games?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mpk8985
    Mpk8985 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same issue.  I have a Nitro an517-54 havent even had it a month.  It's continuing to freeze more and more. But seems to be fine when actually play games.  I've had to revert to a previous state a few times but it's not resolving the issue.  Any time I go in to try and upgrade any drivers that are suggested it freezes before I finish.
  • billsey
    The Nitro laptops and Nitro desktops are completely different machines. :) Go ahead and start a new thread with your problem and we'll try and get it solved for you.
  • colorVIP
    colorVIP Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have Nitro 50-620 and I had the same problem, after uninstalling Nitro Sense it went away and it's ok
  • canonaran
    canonaran Member Posts: 4 New User

I have brand new Acer Nitro V15 (ANV15-51) and I had the same problem. While watching a video on YouTube, everything freezes and comes back after 2 minutes.It doesn't happen while playing games.