Aspire 5 has black screen, is hot with fan running after charging

Options
Moegs
Moegs Member Posts: 4 New User
This laptop, (Model N20c5) is only a month old.  It works flawlessly but here is the problem:  After charging, I unplug it and the fan is running full speed and it is hot, mainly around the vent. Power on just gives me a black screen with the fan still running.   Pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds or more turns the fan off.  It then boots up just fine and I'm good to go.  What's wrong?  Is this a manufacturer defect?  Thanks in advance for your help!!

Best Answer

• Moegs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Problem solved with a local teen's help.  All he did was hold the Fn key down and hit F7.  How do ya like that???  No issues, running fine!  Thanks again!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,812 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Moegs try to update the BIOS to the latest version
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Moegs,

Is the battery charged enough. 
  • Moegs
    Options
    Thanks guys for the input.  I think I screwed up by resetting the device as I didn't know how to get into BIOS.  Now, it boots up fine EXCEPT the touch pad won't respond and there is no cursor.  I have been using the keyboard arrow keys to navigate and this just doesn't work.  The Acer screen boots and the fingerprint reader works to get me to the desktop.  I am an ***** when it comes to the guts of these things.  Advice?
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,812 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Moegs do you have an USB Mouse? Use it to reinstall the touchpad driver from Acer support site.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Moegs
    Options
    I looked but couldn't find one.  Am using a wireless for my desktop. 
  • Moegs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Problem solved with a local teen's help.  All he did was hold the Fn key down and hit F7.  How do ya like that???  No issues, running fine!  Thanks again!