Answers

• jfgrauer
    jfgrauer Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Camera still not working.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options
    Do you have any non-Microsoft virus scanners still running in the background?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    If no non-Microsoft scanners are running or installed, then download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it'll pick up any missing or better  drivers on line. We're still trying to avoid a factory reset as a last resort.

Jack E/NJ

• jfgrauer
    Options
    Driver Booster says the driver installed is the current version.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>My Acer A515-54 built-in webcam stopped working with a recent Windows 10 upgrade. System Devices/Webcam/Events displays "Device USB\VID_0408&PID_A061&MI_00\6&f66e2a4&0&0000 requires further installation.">>>

This thread somehow got way out of sync. You have multiple sometime duplicate postings on the  Norton issue that only appeared to me within the last hour or so. They definitely weren't there yesterday.

Did you disable Norton when the problem Win10 update was applied? Because I now suspect the update was incomplete and may explain the warning message "requires further installation"

Jack E/NJ

• jfgrauer
    Options
    I don't believe I did because Norton didn't seem to interfere with regular updates.
  • jfgrauer
    Options
    No. (Still trouble posting)
  • JackE
    Options
    Open Control Panel programs. See if you can find Realtek and/or Intel camera drivers on the list.

Jack E/NJ

• jfgrauer
    Options
    None for both.
  • JackE
    Options
    Have you recently checked for updates with nor   ton disabled? I suspect the next update might resolve the issue.

Jack E/NJ

• jfgrauer
    Options
    No, I have not. I think you may be right. When the update happens, (I have the beta Insider version) I'll reopen the thread and let you know. Thank you VERY much for helping me in this matter.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>(I have the beta Insider version)>>>

Aye!!! Another surprise revelation! Thanks for letting me know. Good luck! =)

Jack E/NJ

• jfgrauer
    Options
    Just a FYI- Unfortunately, today's Insider beta incremental update didn't resolve the problem.
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks. Have you reported  the issue to Microsoft? Cuz not much more anybody here can suggest other than wait for the next update if you want to stay with betas. An ALT+F10 cold boot factory system reset is about the onlyt way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue. I still think cam the hardware is fine since half the system settings and VPC sees the camera. Beta is a prime suspect.

Jack E/NJ

• jfgrauer
    Options
    Yes. Several times in fact. No response. I think I'll just buy an external webcam. They're inexpensive and we've already spent way too much time on trying to fix the problem. Thank you again for your efforts in trying to help.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Yes. Several times in fact. No response.>>>

So can you share with us what benefit(s) have you personally found that beta release provides that the normal release doesn't? 

Jack E/NJ

• jfgrauer
    Options
    A little quirk I have I guess. I just like to be up to date with all the latest enhancements that are available, but I stick with the Insider beta vs. the developer version because it's supposed to be more stable. Other than it might be the cause of my camera issue, I haven't found any significant issues at all in my day-to-day activities using the beta.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I think I'll just buy an external webcam. They're inexpensive>>>

Well, I'd probably be more curious to see if the normal release fixes it. So if it was mine, I'd probably have to pull the old beta drive, set it aside and install a normal release on a new drive since they're also so cheap nowadays. :)

Jack E/NJ