13 Months Old Aspire 7 Started Display Flickering & Freezing

Options
Signup1
Signup1 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hello All,

I have Aspire 7 which is 13 months old. Till last week it worked very well. However, this problem started with a blue screen error. After that display started flickering and freezing in 5 or 10 minutes after system started. 

Tried to Clean OS however, Display is freezing in Advanced Recovery settings page too.

Can anyone help me with this and let me know what could be the actual problem.

Note: How to Add Videos here?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the display also blink when accessing the bios? Does the same problem occur when reinstalling windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,686 Trailblazer
    Options
    (1) press and hold the power button to force machine off. Unplug the charger.
    (2) Insert and hold paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about a minute
    (3) Plug charger back in but wait till battery charge LED turns from solid orange to solid blue
    (4) Then turn machine on and immediately press the F2 key to enter BIOS menu. Press the F9 key to load defaults. Press F10 to save defaults and exit
    (5) Window should now start normally

Jack E/NJ

• Signup1
    Signup1 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks a lot, @JackE & @egydiocoelho for the responses. I have submitted to the service center and they said RAM was not fit enough and they did all connections reset and now it is working fine. 

Also @JackE May I know what will be the output for the above prcdedure you mentioned?

Yes @egydiocoelho It did flicker & display freeze in bios and windows installation screen also before the service. Maybe loose connections are the problem??

Thanks!! 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Maybe the edp cable was not connected properly.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Signup1,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customercare.acer-apac.com/CustomerSelfService/CaseBooking.aspx?CID=IN&LID=ENG

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,686 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>Also @JackE May I know what will be the output for the above prcdedure you mentioned?>>>

The output should be as stated in item #5. Windows should start normally.

(1) press and hold the power button to force machine off. Unplug the charger.
    (2) Insert and hold paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about a minute
    (3) Plug charger back in but wait till battery charge LED turns from solid orange to solid blue
    (4) Then turn machine on and immediately press the F2 key to enter BIOS menu. Press the F9 key to load defaults. Press F10 to save defaults and exit
    (5) Window should now start normally

Jack E/NJ