ms 7869 motherboard compatiability

Are any of the discrete TPM 2 units usable on the ms 7869 motherboard? How do you work out what generation your processor is?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I don't have a cross reference, but I think that motherboard was used, at least, in the TC-605 models. That system had a 4th generation Intel chipset and Windows 11 requires 8th generation or newer, so a discrete TPM wouldn't help. In general the Intel processors are designated i#-x####, and x is the generation, so a I5-4440 is 4th generation, as is an i7-4700.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I don't have a cross reference, but I think that motherboard was used, at least, in the TC-605 models. That system had a 4th generation Intel chipset and Windows 11 requires 8th generation or newer, so a discrete TPM wouldn't help. In general the Intel processors are designated i#-x####, and x is the generation, so a I5-4440 is 4th generation, as is an i7-4700.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pensionerpete
    pensionerpete Member Posts: 5 New User
    Thanks, that is really useful information.