Switch 5 SW512-52P- not powering on

Options
Spo
Spo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited December 2021 in Switch Series
I have a Switch 5 N17P5, which stopped working and not powering on anymore.

When I plug the charger of the battery, the power light is not truning on.
For information, I have verified the charger which is working with another swith

I have tried pushing the button "on" during 30 sec but it did not help.

Any idea to identify what is the issue ?

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Spo,

Did you try to charge the unit with different charger.
  • Spo

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi @Easwar,

Thanks for the suggestion
    Yes I tried with another charger (from another Switch), but no light (next to the power button), and no start of the Switch
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK, which Switch 5 do you have? The model number isn't the N17P5, it should be something like SW5xx-xxx-xxxx and is likely on the same sticker as the SN and SNID. If you can't read it give us the first ten digits of the SN and we'll look it up from that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Spo

Tinkerer

Options
    @billsey , Thanks for your interrest

I've checked on Acer website, here is the info of the Switch I have : 
    - Model : SW512-52P
    - Reference : NT.LDTEF.001
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, that helps a lot. :) Your Switch 5 uses a cable that runs between the DC-In port and the motherboard, there is a metal bracket that holds it in place. You might have an issue with the cable working it's way loose or with the physical bracket allowing the port to shift. Try inspecting the port to see if you can see anything wrong with it. The center electrode might be bent or broken or you might be able to see the port shift as you try to plug in. Disassembly is not for the faint of heart, but is possible...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Spo,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,
  • Spo

Tinkerer

Options
    @billsey

thanks fo your answer.

Could you please tell me more about the HD ...As I would like to get get the data of this non working tablet

Is it xtractible (SSD, MSS ) or welded on the motehr board ? any advice ?

Thanks
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, the drive in your system is an M.2 NVMe SSD. Here's a picture:
    The red circle shows the screw holding the card in place, the SSD itself lays to the left of the screw and plugs in to the M.2 socket at the left. You can pick up an external NVMe case that allow you to connect the drive as a USB drive to another computer, and from there you can copy any data off, unless the data has been encrypted.