how to remap keyboard keys - Nitro AN517-53

HAKANKHAKANK Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
Hello

I have bought this. I am generally happy. But the keyboard layout is awful. Power button is in a very dangerous place. I could accidentally push it. It should have been away from the main keyboard layout.

With some software, I need to use the keys as where they should be. For example, I need to use Ctrl + Ins shortcut. But for that, at the moment, I have to push Ctrl+Shift+Fn+ Del/Ins. That is awfully inefficient.

Is there anyway to remap the current keys? Like, I can give up PrtSC key and remap it to Ins. That would solve part of my problem.

I tried Microsoft PowerToys for Windows 10. I can't seem to make it work. Another keyboard remapper also does not work.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-ErickAcer-Erick Moderator Posts: 503 Moderator
    Hi @ HAKANK

Keyboard remapping lets you associate a sequence of keystrokes with a particular action, so that typing the sequence of keystrokes causes the action to occur. The sequence of keystrokes can be either a single key or a single key combined with Shift, Ctrl, or Alt. The action can be to display a character, to execute a host function, to execute a custom function, or to execute a menu command.

To access the Keyboard window, either click the Remap button on the toolbar, click Edit > Preferences > Keyboard, or click Keyboard in the session properties. The numberic keys 0-9 and * and # can be remapped.