XV240Y Whats the difference between these two monitors?

Options
BSK1991
BSK1991 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2021 in Monitors
Hello!

Im about to buy a new monitor and I finally narrowed it down to one single monitor, before i realized there were actually two of this same model (?!) I dont really understand this...  :#

I am looking at the XV240YPbmiiprx and the XV240YP - both seems pretty much identical except for the price - both are available from my shop but what is the difference?! So far I see that:

XV240YPbmiiprx = response time at 2ms
XV240YP = 2 ms GTG (Fast)

Is there anything else... What monitor should I get? If anyone can chip in with some information here, I would be very grateful! Have a nice day 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    That is a confusing one! Looking at :  https://www.displaydb.com/compare/acer-xv242y-pbmiiprx/acer-nitro-xv240y-p  it shows the two as just an alias of one another! There does seem to be two part numbers at UM.QX0EE.P01 and UM.QX0EE.P01 but they also seem like to like which makes me think that it may be either a regional thing (one an import and one local market maybe?) or differing production runs 

• BSK1991
    BSK1991 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the reply Leostat - yes definitely confusing...

Oh yeah I can see that they show as alias on that page, thanks for sharing that. Hmmm I'm really lost at what to do, I got an offer from a shop that they would reduce the price a bit on the XV240YP, but it seems like I'm getting hustled if its the same model as XV240YPbmiiprx anyways... Uggh!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,364 Trailblazer
    edited November 2021
    Options
    The XV240YP is just a shortened model number for the and XV240YP bmiiprx. The bmiiprx actually describes which submodel it is. They have different submodels for different locales and sometimes for slightly different features (such as one with speakers and one without). Are the prices the same?
    BTW, Leostat's link has a 240 compared to a 242...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Ah sorry , re the 242 Vs 240 i hadn't thought to try comparing the model to itself :D I was using it for the bit under the alias details :) but turns out you can compare the same model 

https://www.displaydb.com/compare/acer-xv240y-p/acer-nitro-xv240y-p

Thank you for clarifying the difference in models :)!