Predator Orion 3000 How to I enable XMP on this motherboard?

PerformingAzura
PerformingAzura Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Predator Desktops

Each came with 2x8GB 3200Mhz CL22 memory.

I took the sticks out of one PC and put it into one, so now I have 1 PC with 4x8GB 3200MHz CL22 and another PC with no memory.

I was able to validate that the PC with 4 sticks had 32GB and was running at 3200MHz, so that machine is working fine.

However I'm having issues with the second PC.

I tried 2x16GB 3600MHz CL18 RAM but it runs at 2666MHz on this PC.
I tried 2x8GB 3200MHZ CL16 RAM but it runs at 2133MHz on this PC.

Running to run both kits at once causes the machine to beep and not post.

Is there no way to force this PC to run RAM at 3200MHz?
or do I have to buy expensive JEDEC memory like this one: https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct16g4dfra32a

I've tried switching the order of the memory, but that did not help.

Looking at gaming benchmarks, I'm leaving alot on the table by running my RAM at 2666Mhz instead of 3200Mhz, but I really don't want to overpaid for generic RAM...

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer
    I don't believe the BIOS supports XMP profiles, so XMP memory will run at it's native clock speed, which is usually quite a bit slower than the stock memory. You need JEDEC memory...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PerformingAzura
    PerformingAzura Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2021
    billsey said:
    I don't believe the BIOS supports XMP profiles, so XMP memory will run at it's native clock speed, which is usually quite a bit slower than the stock memory. You need JEDEC memory...
    I wonder if there's a secret bios menu on this motherboard too.

This is a B560 motherboard so it should have XMP support.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer
    It sounds like that user was playing around with unsupported features, which is why things were no longer working as he expected. I wonder where he discovered the hidden menus in the first place, without access to the source code for the BIOS.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sage83
    sage83 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

cause non xmp possible on predator motherboard, you have to buy crucial 3200 mhz CL22, its fixed speed. so they can't runs less.  like xmp memory, 2133 mhz in really but 3200 mhz only with xmp (overclock).  i have on my acer 3000, 2x8gb hyperx fury 3200 mhz (special for acer) 3200 mhz, and since few days i have add crucial 2x8gb 3200 mhz cl22, now my motherboard show me i runs 4x8 gb 3200 mhz !