Aspire 5755g-52454g75mnbs ONE OF MY RAM SLOTS ISN'T WORKING, HOW CAN I UPGRADE MY RAM TO 8 GB?

Anaphylacticshock
Anaphylacticshock Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, i have an "Acer Aspire 5755g-52454g75mnbs" model laptop. 

It has 2 ram slots in it. However, one of the slots isn't working. Is it possible to upgrade its ram to 8gb using only one slot? I mean Does it have to be 2×4gb ram or is it possible to use a 8gb ram with only one slot? 

If it is possible, which 8gb ram should i buy? There are many different ram types. Please help me. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Before attempting anything, run the crucial.com scanner on the laptop to see what upgrades it advises. Since this mainboard is dual channel capable, it's a bit touchy on what gets plugged into each socket. Usually requires a pair of matched 4GB DDR3 sodimm modules 1333MHz or higher for a total of 8GB. Crucial usually uses top of the line Micron modules so if it recommends an 8GB kit with a pair of matched 4GB modules, that's what shouild work.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Anaphylacticshock,

RAM Upgrades Overview | Acer Aspire 5755G Serie - max up to 16GB.

The Laptop has 2 Sockets(2 banks of 1) to install memory, already with 4GB (Removable) standard memory installed. For best Aspire 5755G Laptop performance use the maximum amount of 8GB, fill all the slots with the max allowed memory per slot for your Laptop.

What is the RAM brand?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Before attempting anything, run the crucial.com scanner on the laptop to see what upgrades it advises. Since this mainboard is dual channel capable, it's a bit touchy on what gets plugged into each socket. Usually requires a pair of matched 4GB DDR3 sodimm modules 1333MHz or higher for a total of 8GB. Crucial usually uses top of the line Micron modules so if it recommends an 8GB kit with a pair of matched 4GB modules, that's what shouild work.

Jack E/NJ