4 week old desktop with start up issue Aspire desktop xc-340

Options
2»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Now you just need something like nine more computers, especially really old ones that want a new battery. :)
    [Actually, I probably have all nine of them in the house somewhere... :)]
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • REEDY316
    REEDY316 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    Ha ha! Superb. It will be interesting to see if maybe this Acer has a high drain level in terms of using up the battery when the machine in unplugged at night. As mentioned, I have had a Dell for all those years and this happens with the Acer after 5 weeks? Strange. Maybe it was just a dud battery and bad luck. Unfortunately it coincided with my Dell clapping out on me 5 weeks prior so I was extremely nervous of yet another major issue. But all seems to have settle down now.
  • billsey
    Options
    Yeah, there is not a lot that can go wrong with the CMOS battery circuit except a bad battery and potentially a bad socket. You certainly hit the jackpot for low percentage issues. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • slthong
    slthong Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi all, can Aspire XC-340 install additional SATA-HDD?
  • billsey
    Options
    @slthong since your question isn't about the questions in this thread you should start a new one. Use the Ask a Question button and include the full model number, your question and anything you have tried to solve it already. The XC-340 models have space in them for a HDD, a SSD and an ODD. We are going to need to know what you have installed in your right now.