TC-1660 and Acer Monitors - Why the white lines and small blocks missing on websites?

Hi. 

I have a brand new i7-TC1660 and linked it up to dual Acer monitors  - When running websites I notice a whatsapp generated QR code doesn't work because they have thin white lines and small blocks of colour missing. The same is true on a live webpage (in this case moving price chart bars), see below.

However, watching HD Youtube is fine, and the Microsoft wallpaper HD perfect, looking crisp, which makes me think it's an issue with the computer, and live graphics on websites rather than leads or the monitor. 

I tested it in different browsers (Chrome/Edge). The only thing that has changed is the computer, I simply swopped them over from old Acer to new Acer. 

My Acer screens and my old computer are c. 5 years old - one of them is the Acer K272 Series 27 Inch LED Monitor, for instance.

- Could it be I need new monitors?
- Faulty graphics card?
- Some simple setting that needs changing? 

Many thanks for any thoughts... 

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Maybe try "clear type"  
    Put it in your search box then turn ON.

• Larryodie
    How do I change clear text type?
    Text looks fuzzy or blurry (Windows only)
    1. On your Windows computer, click the Start menu: or .
    2. In the search box, type ClearType . When you see Adjust ClearType Text, click it or press enter.
    3. In the ClearType Text Tuner, check the box next to "Turn on ClearType."
    4. Click Next, then complete the steps.
    5. Click Finish.
  • drizzlelive100
    drizzlelive100 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Appreciate that Larry - that didn't work unfortunately. 
    It seems to be more on certain webpages. 
  • Larryodie
    Did you reboot after changing or maybe just closing the browser & re-opening ?
  • drizzlelive100
    drizzlelive100 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi everyone. It seems there is a problem with the Graphics Card Driver. I did a bit of updating and went via Intel rather than Acer and it seems to have solved the problem thus far. Thanks.