My Acer Aspire I5 is only 3 weeks old but already started flickering!

Jane123
Jane123 Member Posts: 1 New User
I bought Acer Aspire I5 in CASH using my LIFE SAVINGS. After 3 weeks, it started flickering. I immediately brought it to the service centre - which is 5hrs from my place by the way. I had to wait for 3 days before I get a response from the technician. The technician said the problem is the LCD, factory defect, and I need to wait for 2-3months for it to be fixed. Are you kidding me? I'm a single mum, a domestic violence survivor, I spent my savings to INVEST in a quality laptop and this is what I get? The store made me borrow a used unit (ASUS unit by the way) temporarily while my laptop is being fixed. While I appreciate the initiative, I still think I'm being ripped off! Why would you release a defective laptop, have someone pay for it in cash, and then make me use a USED laptop and not the one I PAID FOR. I am so upset by this because I need the laptop to make a living (I'm a VA), to provide for my son! Has anyone experienced this and how fast did ACER resolve your problem??

Answers

• Jane123

I am really sorry for the inconvenience. 

I understand your laptop is still in the service center.    

Since your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept.    You can get more details by contacting them or you can contact the Service center for additional info.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★