White light on Acer TC895 wireless mouse

DorsetJohn
DorsetJohn Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I have an Acer TC895 with wireless mouse. Occasionally a small white light flashes on top of the mouse near to the scroll wheel.  The mouse is working perfectly OK - I'm just curious as to what this flashing white means. Any Ideas ??

Best Answer

• DorsetJohn

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Problem solved  :)  It was the battery.  Guess I should have checked that to start with !! Would appear that the white flashing light is the "low battery" warning.  

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    What is the brand/model number of the mouse?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DorsetJohn

Tinkerer

It's an Acer mouse supplied with my TC895 desktop. On the bottom of the mouse are two numbers - DC11211023 and 02180333K701 if that helps.
    Although I previously said the mouse was working OK I've just noted that it occasionally stops working, the red light on the bottom goes out, but then if I turn the little switch on the bottom off and on again it starts working again - could it be problem with the battery?   
  • DorsetJohn

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Problem solved  :)  It was the battery.  Guess I should have checked that to start with !! Would appear that the white flashing light is the "low battery" warning.  
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @DorsetJohn,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people. ​