Nitro 5 I wish to restore my laptop's OS to Windows 10 Home edition from Education.

Options
21stCenturyTech
21stCenturyTech Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi there,

I have an Acer Nitro 5 and recently upgraded Windows 10 Home (which the device shipped with), to Education. I'm not happy with Windows 10 Education, there are various restrictions imposed on me despite me not being a part of a workgroup or linked to an educational institution.

Quite obviously, I feel like I have lost some level of control over my device and wish to revert back to Windows 10 Home (my OEM licence is still valid apparently). Whilst I'm aware that I can't simply downgrade back to Home, I am aware that I can instead reformat the drive and reinstall Windows entirely, which would allow me to revert back to Windows 10 Home. I have noticed that Acer sells recovery media USBs to consumers to allow them to reset their devices, do I simply need to purchase one of these or will I need to reinstall windows myself and manually reinstall my drivers? I'm willing to pay for USB drive to do this, I just need to know if it'll work or not? I don't want to be stuck on Windows 10 Education if I were to use Acer's recovery USB service.

Thanks guys.

Answers