Screen replacement/possible fixes a515-43-r19l

Options
Alaska
Alaska Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello, so i by some luck of mine. Cracked the bottom right of my screen of my acer a515-43-r19l. Now half of its black the other barly visable. What kinda screen could i use. Or what kinda fix. Would i have to do. Any info would be helpful also if any info need i can try n provide. Thanks a ton

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    Alaska

It looks like a hardware issue.. 

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  Click on  "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.   There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store:  Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories.  Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Alaska said:
    Hello, so i by some luck of mine. Cracked the bottom right of my screen of my acer a515-43-r19l. Now half of its black the other barly visable. What kinda screen could i use. Or what kinda fix. Would i have to do. Any info would be helpful also if any info need i can try n provide. Thanks a ton

Alaska, you need a screen LCD replacement but, it depends if you can do this yourself and if not then take it to an Acer service centre near you or an experienced technician near you to replace this LCD screen for you. The A515-43 has 8 different types of LCD screens (see below) so you will have to look at your old screen and compare it to this list for replacement to a new and appropriate LCD screen for the A515-42 listed below, btw the KL numbers are the Acer part numbers:

• laska
    laska Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    Hey i appreciate  It guys. Yeah unfortunately  I dont think it would fall under warranty As it was my clumsy self. Do they usually  Charge alot to fix a screen do you know by chance? Thanks in advance
  • StevenGen
    Options
    laska said:
    Hey i appreciate  It guys. Yeah unfortunately  I dont think it would fall under warranty As it was my clumsy self. Do they usually  Charge alot to fix a screen do you know by chance? Thanks in advance

To change the LCD screen you need to do the following:

1. Remove the back cover to expose the eDP cable to the mainboard
    2. Then disconnect the WLAN
    3. Then unroute the WLAN antenna cables (black and white) from the guides on the upper case.
    4. Release the latch and disconnect the eDP cable from the mainboard connector.
    5. Remove the four (4) screws securing the LCD panel brackets and LCD module to the upper case
    6. Lift to remove the LCD module from the upper case and remove it and replace and assemble in reverse 

So as you can see its not undoable but you need to approach this systematically and you need to carefully study the parts that need dismantling and do it in an orderly and systematic fashin, as if you do all that you shouldn’t have any problems but, make sure that you replace the old LCD module with the appropriate new LCD module that I’ve given you the refrences for above. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Alaska,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/