Acer Aspire VX5-591g charger randomly disconnect sometimes...

Options
Laserline
Laserline Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello,
My problem is that my charger keep connecting and disconnecting. I am still unsure what cause it. Happened me 2 times already, where the laptop is on the charger and the battery is on 100%, but the charger disconnect after 2-3 mins and connects again after 10-20 sec. The temporary solution I found which I think is working is to drain the battery to 80% and after that no more random disconnect for some period of time(3-4 days)
Things I have tried:
1. Test the charger, cable. No disconnect when I touch it or slightly pull it, rotate it etc.
2. Uninstall drivers from device manager for the battery.

I don`t think the battery is too bad, I heard that till 50% its okish...
I still need advice from  what it can be and should I buy new battery?
Thanks in advance! Sorry for my English :)
Edit: I forgot to mention that I rarely use it on battery, only 5-6 times in those 5 years 

Answers

• Laserline
    Laserline Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Laserline said:
    Hello,
    My problem is that my charger keep connecting and disconnecting. I am still unsure what cause it. Happened me 2 times already, where the laptop is on the charger and the battery is on 100%, but the charger disconnect after 2-3 mins and connects again after 10-20 sec. The temporary solution I found which I think is working is to drain the battery to 80% and after that no more random disconnect for some period of time(3-4 days)
    Things I have tried:
    1. Test the charger, cable. No disconnect when I touch it or slightly pull it, rotate it etc.
    2. Uninstall drivers from device manager for the battery.

I don`t think the battery is too bad, I heard that till 50% its okish...
    I still need advice from  what it can be and should I buy new battery?
    Thanks in advance! Sorry for my English :)
    Edit: I forgot to mention that I rarely use it on battery, only 5-6 times in those 5 years 

Also I saw somewhere there is button under laptop for the battery, can this fix the issue, or thats not the problem?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Laserline,

How is it connected is it loose in contact in the charging port ?