Acer V5 471P upgraded to Win10 - No sound

Jer_471P
Jer_471P Member Posts: 5 New User
I recently updated my Aspire V5 471P to Win10 and things worked fine, except Sound does not work!  Device Mgr shows sound devices are o.k., but can not get any sound at all.  Have tried uninstalling driver, reinstalled, but no luck.  It's just a High Definition Audio Device, driver version: 10.0.19041.264.
Do you know if there is a fix for this?

Best Answers

• Jer_471P
    Answer ✓
    Thank-you for your response William, much appreciated.  I did try the driver from the Acer website, for this model laptop, but no luck at all.  It definitely looks like back to Win 8.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Jer_471P

To save some hassles and headaches, go buy a USB sound adapter for your sound. This adapter can be as low as USD $8, rather cheap.

I used one for my old desktop that had the sound failed from the motherboard level, thus prolonged the desktop's life for a few more years. The desktop  is still running well in general.

Answers

• Jer_471P

Your computer supports only Windows 8 and Windows 8.1     It is not compatible for windows 10 

Kindly go through the link given below 

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4583?b=1

You might have to download the sound driver from the sound manufacturer website for windows 10 otherwise you have to go back to Windows 8. 

Sometimes windows 8 sound driver might work..   Try to uninstall it from device manager and install it from the link given above.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Jer_471P
    Answer ✓
    Thank-you for your response William, much appreciated.  I did try the driver from the Acer website, for this model laptop, but no luck at all.  It definitely looks like back to Win 8.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Jer_471P,

When you connect the headphones/earphones are you able to hear sound on it.
  • Jer_471P
    Thankyou fornyour response Easwar. But everything I could try, resulted in no sound.  Went back to Win 8.1.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Jer_471P

To save some hassles and headaches, go buy a USB sound adapter for your sound. This adapter can be as low as USD $8, rather cheap.

I used one for my old desktop that had the sound failed from the motherboard level, thus prolonged the desktop's life for a few more years. The desktop  is still running well in general.
  • Jer_471P
    Thankyou ttttt, I did go back to Win 8.1.