Where do I buy upgradable ram for Acer Aspire E5-511P

Options
NuubnessOverloaded
NuubnessOverloaded Member Posts: 6 New User
I can't find any ram available online for my acer aspire e5-511p DDR3 4gb 1333Mhz

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    edited November 2021
    Options
    You can replace the 4GB DDR3 1333MHz sodimm with up to an 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz from this link.

Jack E/NJ

• NuubnessOverloaded
    Options
    JackE said:
    You can replace the 4GB DDR3 1333MHz sodimm with up to an 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz from this link.
    Will it run in dual channel? As I just upgraded to 4GB 1333 mhz.
    Will it cause any issues?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    While the mainboard RAM bus might be dual channel capable, it rarely advantagious except with a matched pair if the mainboard has two socket. And even if it were a matched pair, which is unlikely, the speed difference between dual channel and a single channel 8GB will hardly be noticeable. You should run the crucial scanner on you machine just to see if it recommends anything different than for plain a vanilla E5-511p mainboard.

BTW, if you're looking for the biggest speed bang for the buck on this model, you'd be much better off replacing the slow 2.5" HDD dog with a 2.5" 1TB SSD if you haven't done so already. The Western Digital Blues  series 2.5" 1 TB SSD would be just about perfect for this machine. About $90. You'd likely see a lot more zip than another 4GB RAM.

Jack E/NJ

• NuubnessOverloaded
    Options
    JackE said:
    While the mainboard RAM bus might be dual channel capable, it rarely advantagious except with a matched pair if the mainboard has two socket. And even if it were a matched pair, which is unlikely, the speed difference between dual channel and a single channel 8GB will hardly be noticeable. You should run the crucial scanner on you machine just to see if it recommends anything different than for plain a vanilla E5-511p mainboard.

BTW, if you're looking for the biggest speed bang for the buck on this model, you'd be much better off replacing the slow 2.5" HDD dog with a 2.5" 1TB SSD if you haven't done so already. The Western Digital Blues  series 2.5" 1 TB SSD would be just about perfect for this machine. About $90. You'd likely see a lot more zip than another 4GB RAM.
    Aye, I will definitely check that.