TC-780-AMZKi5 Upgrading?

kingofdemons
kingofdemons Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hello, I was looking to upgrade my CPU and GPU what I have now is Intel (R) HD Graphics 630 for the GPU and the CPU is 4 Intel (R) Core (TM) i5 - 7400 at 3.00 Hz I am doing 3D and video editing on the computer right now plus full HD streaming. I am looking to go 4K next year or sooner just seeing what you guys recommend on what to get. Plus I know this is for Acer but does anyone know a good pc monitor that is high-end/ mid-grade that is good for movies and 3d/video 4k production. thank you for taking the time to read this. This is the setup I have.
it seems to me that the system has a hard time keeping p with a lot of windows opened up and the loading speeds of the pages are slow as well.

Acer Aspire Desktop, 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7400, 8GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, TC-780-AMZKi5

• 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7400 Processor (Up to 3.5GHz)
  • 8GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
  • 2TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
  • 3 - USB 3.0 Ports (2 Front, 1 Rear)
  • 4 - USB 2.0 Ports (Rear)
  • 1 x HDMI Port and 1 x VGA Port
  • 8X DVD-Writer Double-Layer Drive (DVD-RW)
  • USB Keyboard and Mouse
  • Windows 10 Home
Processor‎3 GHz core_i5
RAM‎8 GB DDR4
Memory Speed‎2400.00
Hard Drive‎2000 GB Mechanical Hard Drive
Graphics Coprocessor‎Intel Integrated Graphics
Chipset Brand‎Intel
Card Description‎Integrated
Wireless Type‎Bluetooth
Number of USB 2.0 Ports‎4

‎3

with a mouse that I am using right now.

FIRSTBLOOD ONLY GAME. AJ52 Watcher RGB Gaming Mouse, Programmable 7 Buttons, Ergonomic LED Backlit USB Gamer Mice Computer Laptop PC, for Windows Mac Linux OS, Star White

but I have this one now that I have not opened yet 

Wireless Gaming Mouse Up to 10000 DPI, UHURU Rechargeable USB Wireless Mouse with 6 Buttons 7 Changeable LED Color Ergonomic Programmable MMO RPG for PC Laptop, Compatible with Windows Mac

the keybord i am useing is a 

Logitech MK520 Complete Wireless K520 Keyboard

Comments

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @kingofdemons,

Yes you can, any of the newer Nvidia GeForce RTX or AMD Radeon RX and XT (depends on your budget?) will be ok as the TC-885-EB17 comes with 12GB DDR4 SDRAM ram (which you could upgrade to DDR4 SDRAM of 32GB max) and comes with the i5-9400 cpu and has 1x PCI Express x16 Slot that will be more than adequate to be implemented for a good gaming system and to max these graphics cards out. Also, I would upgrade to an ssd drive and you have to change the power supply of the TC-885-EB17 as it comes with a 300W PS and these cards need a minimum 500W PS and more power is needed.