VZ280G How/where may I repair/replace a broken power cord receptor in the all-in-one?

Leroy1949
Leroy1949 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
The core of the power line receptor broke off. How do I open the case and where may I purchase a replacement?

Best Answer

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Which AIO do you have? We'll need the full model number like what is show on the sticker that also has your SN and SNID. A lot of the different models have much different procedures for opening the case, and they will each have different parts for replacement.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Leroy1949
    Hello,

VZ280G is the model.
  • billsey
    OK, it's not completely clear to me how the power socket is attached, but it looks like it's in the case with a cable running to the motherboard, though it could easily be the socket itself is soldered to the motherboard. You may have to get inside to look. To get inside you remove that plastic cover over the mount hinge with gentile prying, then unscrew the three screws to remove the mount. The case itself is just snapped together, so again you gently pry the two halves apart. Once the bezel side is off you can access the back and see the motherboard. We want to look at just how the power socket mounts and what might be allowing it loose.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Leroy1949
    edited November 2021
    That was helpful opening guidance. Regrettably, the board soldered power unit  does not seem to be replaceable.
    Unless you or anyone else knows otherwise, the AIO appears fit only for parts harvesting. 
  • billsey
    You could talk with a local technician. Assuming the power socket is soldered to the motherboard via through holes, most techs can replace it if they are willing to go through the hassle of a repair rather than a replace.
  • Leroy1949
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your insight.