How to get a new MacBook Pro 14" to sync with an Acer X233H

hfmvdl
hfmvdl Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2021 in Monitors
I've had an X233H for years, and it has been working fine with a 2014-vintage MacBookPro using an HDMI cable. The monitor also works fine with other computers. I just bought a new MacBook Pro 14" unit, and the X233H monitor will not sync properly with it either through the regular HDMI port or through a USB4 (Thunderbolt) port with an adapter. I've tried all the resolutions and sync rates available. I've tried several new cables as well. I've tried both extended and mirror modes. I can see that they are connecting fine (the streaky, blurry images move when I move the cursor). But for some reason the sync is not working. Any ideas?

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @hfmvdl,

Plz post the pic here.
  • ssd550
    ssd550 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the exact same issue.  2 different M1 macs, 3 different adapters, 3 different HDMI cables.  All have the same result.  My other (LG) monitor works fine.  The Acer works with Intel Macs and PCs.

• 3oignslf
    3oignslf Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same issue going from an old 2013 MacBook Pro to a new M3 MacBook Pro. My image quality appears worse then what you are having. The montior still works great on the older Intel based MacBook and the computer works great using the same cable/port setup on a 4K TV and a 1080 TV. It seems to just be this paring between the M Series Processors and this monitor displaying the picture. Any thoughts or ideas?