Motherboards of any make to replace T3-715 motherboard.

Kuen
Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
Please recommend motherboards of any brand to replace T3-715 motherboard.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, exactly. On some higher power motherboards they replace the four pin #11 with an eight pin, allowing twice the current through. That is typically only done on MBs that have multiple GPU slots, like #4.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    It is a pretty standard uATX form factor. You should be able to easily find direct replacements as well as upgrades to newer and better chipsets, CPUs and memory.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kuen
    billsey said:
    It is a pretty standard uATX form factor. You should be able to easily find direct replacements as well as upgrades to newer and better chipsets, CPUs and memory.
    Thank you.

"You should be able to easily find direct replacements"
    How, please?
    When the PC first have problems about 50 days ago, I contacted Acer.  They refused to even take a look of the problem, just said that they did not have the part for repairing any machines sold more than three years.

"
  • billsey
    Right, you will want to search on uATX motherboards that use the same CPU and memory as you have. That's a 6th generation Intel processor and DDR4 2133MHz memory. A quick Amazon search showed a bunch of them, and you can likely find used parts on eBay for less money. Your system is several years old, so it's tough to decide what is cost effective and what isn't.
  • Kuen
    billsey said:
    Right, you will want to search on uATX motherboards that use the same CPU and memory as you have. That's a 6th generation Intel processor and DDR4 2133MHz memory. A quick Amazon search showed a bunch of them, and you can likely find used parts on eBay for less money. Your system is several years old, so it's tough to decide what is cost effective and what isn't.
    Thank you.

Any spesific model and generations to choose for T3-715, please?

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Kuen

In the past couple months you had posted many threads about your T3-715. I could see your frustration and tried almost everything with your PC. Seemed everything was wrong with your PC.

In late September you already thought about replacing the motherboard but decided it would be too costly, but now back to the origin. I suggested a 11th gen Intel CPU PC by then, and that was the best value PC with good performance that I was aware of. Now, 12th gen Intel CPUs are out but matching with the motherboards in general are still rather expensive.

After 50 days, my suggestion is the same. You will be happy with a new PC that can use NVMe SSD, if you don't get a lemon. We are talking about five generation difference from your 6th gen CPU T3-715.
  • Kuen
    billsey said:
    Looking for many hours for uATX board for Acer T3-715, found most of them are for Asus or HP or some others, have not found any one for Acer T3-715.  Yes, have found a few for Acer but none for T3-715.

Found accidentally Asus Q170M2, some one has used on his T3-715.  
    Is Asus Q170M2 compatible and suitable to replace T3-715's motherboard?
  • Kuen
    ttttt said:
    @Kuen

In the past couple months you had posted many threads about your T3-715. I could see your frustration and tried almost everything with your PC. Seemed everything was wrong with your PC.

In late September you already thought about replacing the motherboard but decided it would be too costly, but now back to the origin. I suggested a 11th gen Intel CPU PC by then, and that was the best value PC with good performance that I was aware of. Now, 12th gen Intel CPUs are out but matching with the motherboards in general are still rather expensive.

After 50 days, my suggestion is the same. You will be happy with a new PC that can use NVMe SSD, if you don't get a lemon. We are talking about five generation difference from your 6th gen CPU T3-715.
    Thank you.

"Seemed everything was wrong with your PC."
    1.Thank you for your help in the past two months.  
    2.I do not know much about computer knowledge and technology.
    3.I live in mountains, takes 2 hrs & 5 hrs round to get to the closest small town.
    4.Paid for an IT coming out here & fixed the PC but he reverted it a few days later.
    5.I posted for every component for making sure it was good.
    6.Now I am positive the issue is the motherboard. 
    7.It is very hard to find replacement due to the fact that Acer uses custom boards.
    8.Am determined to monkey with this PC just for learning. 
  • billsey
    You don't need a motherboard that is specific to your Acer case. Any motherboard in the uATX form factor will work as long as it has the standard 24 pin ATX power connector, and almost all of them do. A quick peruse of Amazon brought this one up first. There are many, many more.
  • Kuen
    billsey said:
    You don't need a motherboard that is specific to your Acer case. Any motherboard in the uATX form factor will work as long as it has the standard 24 pin ATX power connector, and almost all of them do. A quick peruse of Amazon brought this one up first. There are many, many more.
    Thank you.

It is said on the internet that uATX boards have both 24+4 pins and 24+8 pins, and some other variations. And I do not know whether T3-715's motherboard is 24+4 pins or 24+8 pins.
  • billsey
    We've posted this before for you... #16 is the 24pin ATX power connector, and 11 is the 4pin 12V supplemental power connector, so 24+4 is correct.

• Kuen
    billsey said:
    We've posted this before for you... #16 is the 24pin ATX power connector, and 11 is the 4pin 12V supplemental power connector, so 24+4 is correct.

Thank you.

Number of pins 24+4 or 24+8 are referring to 16 & 11 as the photo shows above.  Am I right?

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yes, exactly. On some higher power motherboards they replace the four pin #11 with an eight pin, allowing twice the current through. That is typically only done on MBs that have multiple GPU slots, like #4.
  • Kuen
    billsey said:
    One other concern is the positioning of the board. In the picture, the T3-715 board layout, there are 7 holes for fastening the board. If I buy a Q170M2 board or any of uATX board, do they have the same holes & at the same locations for fastening the board?
  • billsey
    Yes, the mounting holes are in the same place for both the DTX and uATX boards. Larger boards, such as full sized ATX, also use the same mounts, plus more.