Predator PO3-620 memory upgrade.

Options
marcovth
marcovth Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello ...

For the Predator PO3-620 ... will (2x32GB) work in addition to the standard 16GB memory? If next year I would want to replace the 2x8=16GB standard memory with another 64GB == (4x32) == 128GB, would that work as well? This is not for gaming, but for bioinformatics.

Thanks for your reply.

Kingston Fury Beast (Black) 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3600Mhz CL18 Dual Channel Memory Kit (KF436C18BBK2/64)

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited November 2021
    Options
    marcovth

You can use the maximum of 64 gb with ( 4 x 16 gb )    You can use 4 gb , 8 gb and 16 gb sticks..  Kindly go through the attached details which are enclosed.

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.         

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Kindly go through the attached details which are enclosed. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    The Predator PO3-620 models use a H470 chipset so don't support XMP overclocking. Don't pay extra for XMP memory like this since it will only run at the stock speeds (2666 IIRC). The Crucial site, as with other similar sites, will offer you memory like this because it does work, it just doesn't work any better than the JEDEC versions of memory sticks that are cheaper.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • marcovth
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the help. Here they are suggesting max 4 X 32 = 128 ... https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/acer/predator-po3-620#memory
  • billsey
    Options
    And there they might be just using the chipset maximum without actual testing. Acer says 64GB max but Acer also may not have tested with 128GB. You are at your own risk by trying to use 128GB...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • marcovth
    Options
    Happy to report that I added a single 32GB CT32G4DFD8266 (plus 2x8GB) without problems. I will assume that 4 x 32GB should not be a problem. I had to place the 2 x 8 together, but that was to be expected.
  • billsey
    Options
    Great news! I wonder if that holds true to all versions of the system, or only the newest models?