Acer nitro VG280K randomly turns on/off

Options
adityanarhe
adityanarhe Member Posts: 3 New User
So I recently bought this monitor and everything seems fine, but then suddenly while using it turns off and turns back on. The blue power led is always ON. My Pc does not shut down as all the screens come up the same as before it turned off. I'm using it on a DP 1.4.
I have another LG monitor (which is on HDMI), so I kept that ON as well to see if it's a GPU issue (Nvidia 1660ti), but this monitor does not turn off when the Acer on does.

Should I just get a replacement or is it a DP cable problem? Tried looking around for answers but there's not much to be found :/
Thank you.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @adityanarhe,

Monitor self test,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.​

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are some combinations of features that can cause that, typically we see them with gamers because the abrupt transition during a game can be somewhat horrible... Try various settings in the OSD and see where it starts happening to determine what to stay away from.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • adityanarhe
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi @adityanarhe,

Monitor self test,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.​

Tried this, but it's still happening :(
  • adityanarhe
    Options
    billsey said:
    There are some combinations of features that can cause that, typically we see them with gamers because the abrupt transition during a game can be somewhat horrible... Try various settings in the OSD and see where it starts happening to determine what to stay away from.
    Okay I shall try this, but this does not happen specifically while gaming. It will happen even when I'm just watching something on YouTube or not even doing anything! I haven't messed with any settings as such. But right now I'm using it with HDR off and also turned off FreeSync, as some people seem to have problem with this turned on. Will let you know if it happens again :]
  • Ace_The_Ace
    Ace_The_Ace Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Oh I have the exact same problem but I'm on HDMI. It turns off and on in games but also in regular use like in google chrome just like you.
    I believe the problem is more specific to the monitor since I've seen many people report the same issues.