How to install an external webcam on my Chromebook 315 ?

Ron241
Ron241 Member Posts: 1 New User
I want to use an external webcam on my Acer Chromebook 315.
I put the external camera in the usb port and checked all the settings but no working camera.
How to install an external webcam?

Answers

• Ron241

After connecting the external web cam to usb port.. 

Turn on the camera.. 
    Try to use zoom, skype or other camera applications and check.  

If it is still not working you might have to enable the external web cam on the chrome browser. 

Kindly follow the details from the link  

https://smarthomestarter.com/how-to-use-a-webcam-on-chromebook/

( Please scroll down and read the info HOW TO USE EXTERNAL WEBCAMS WITH CHROMEBOOKS " on the link mentioned above " 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Ron241,

First, plug in your webcam into the Chromebook USB port and then open up your browser, Google Chrome from the menu bar on the bottom of your screen. Next, go to the Menu at the top right corner select 'Settings' and then select 'Show advanced settings' In the Privacy section of this menu, click on 'Content settings'
  • pcglance
    pcglance Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2023

To use an external webcam on your Chromebook, you need to follow these steps:

• Plug the webcam into an available USB port on your Chromebook and wait for it to be detected and configured automatically.
    • Open your Chrome browser and click on the Menu button in the right corner.
    • Select Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Privacy > Content Settings > Media > Camera.
    • Choose the external webcam from the drop-down menu and close the settings window.
    • Try to use Zoom, Skype, or other camera applications and check if the webcam is working properly.

If you need more details on how to use a webcam on your Chromebook, you can refer to this link: How to Use External Webcam on Chromebook