Screen replacement options for All in One Acer C27-962 AIO

Options
ChiefGeek
ChiefGeek Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2023 in All-In-One PCs
I have a C27 and the screen somehow suddenly has a defect that has crushed the entire bottom 10th of the screen and a big strip going up the left side.  I do not know if the warranty has expired because I cannot find the receipt.  So my questions are this:  Where could I pick up a new screen?  And has anyone ever replaced one of these?  TY  :)
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    We are going to need to get more information. There have been a lot of C27 models and parts tend to be different on the different versions. What is the full model number for yours? It should be something like C27-xxxx-xxxx and listed in the same sticker than has your SN and SNID.
    Does the artifact show up while in the BIOS screen, or only once Windows boots? If only in Windows can you put an external monitor on to see if it shows up there as well?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ChiefGeek
    Options
    Yes unfortunately it shows up even during the boot... And in BIOS.  Full model is:. C27-962
  • ChiefGeek
    Options
    Or..   C27-962_LdbCi51035G1
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited November 2021
    Options
    ChiefGeek said:
    Or..   C27-962_LdbCi51035G1

This is your Acer C27-962 AIO listed LCD Module 27" 1920 x 1080 (FHD) which is Acer part #: 6M.BDQD6.001 for your AIO. The screen replacement is complex and you will need to disassemble your AIO computer systematically e,g, take the front cover off, take the back cover off etc etc as there is no exact guide even in the Acer Service Guide for your AIO to replace the LCD specifically only of how to take the front and back cover off, so you will have to do this yourself or get an experienced technician to do this for you. 

• ChiefGeek
    Options
    Is there a place here to purchase it?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    Best is to search on the part number since vendors are often locale specific. You also may be able to find a used one on the secondary market, though the model is a bit new for that to be likely. If you can't find a vendor that serves your country, contact Acer support and they should be able to point you in the right direction.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • eckles
    eckles Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

The LCD panel for this model and most Acer all-in-one's (not the whole chassis, as people seem to suggest you purchase the whole thing) is the Panda LC270LF1L01. You can remove the front bezel, and replace the screen and control board without needing to purchase the entire assembly.