Help me identify ram mhz in PO3-620 please.

Options
PrskMate
PrskMate Member Posts: 69 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hi,

So I need to max out my memory from 32 to 64 gb, and I get very different info on how much mhz is my actual two sticks has. In task manager it say 2933, predator sense the same, but in CMD it says 3200, and on the label of it's box I have no info. It's strange, because in task manager I have 2933 only since I upgraded my cpu from i7 to i9, before that it said I have 2666. What to buy? I checked the sticks to, but no info on them about it.

Comments

• PrskMate
    PrskMate Member Posts: 69 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    PrskMate said:
    Hi,

So I need to max out my memory from 32 to 64 gb, and I get very different info on how much mhz is my actual two sticks has. In task manager it say 2933, predator sense the same, but in CMD it says 3200, and on the label of it's box I have no info. It's strange, because in task manager I have 2933 only since I upgraded my cpu from i7 to i9, before that it said I have 2666. What to buy? I checked the sticks to, but no info on them about it.
    cpu-z say 3200 too, so than I go with 3200?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Spec still says 2666, so it's likely out of date. What is the part number on the stock memory? The Kingston and Samsung memory listed in the FRU list are all 2666, the Micron MTA16ATF2G64AZ-3G2J 16GB modules are 3200. My guess is they got a good price from Micron and run 3200 memory at 2933.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.