Aspire A715-75G How to disable smart charging feature on Linux ?

vamshivemula444
vamshivemula444 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have Aspire A715-75G laptop. I have recently Installed Linux on my laptop as primary OS. Before that , In Windows Using Acer Care Center Application I have enabled Smart charging feature for my laptop and Now In linux how can I disable that feature ??? 
Is there any software or commands to disable that feature ?
Even I changed the OS from Windows to Linux , Still that Smart Charging feature is working . I guess it is BIOS level Feature .
Please , help me out if anybody knows ....

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>> I have Aspire A715-75G laptop. I have recently Installed Linux on my laptop as primary OS>>>

Is it dual boot or not? If not, F2 into the BIOS menu on startup. Press CTRL+S in the Main and Advanced tabs for any hidden options. If none, press F9 to load BIOS defaults. Press F10 to save defaults and exit. Test Linux battery meter widget again.

Jack E/NJ

• vamshivemula444
    vamshivemula444 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Not dual boot , I have followed your steps but nothing happened .
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Since this and the Windows fastboot option seems to be a firmware level issue that requires undocumented mods, the safest method is a minimal Windows installation to turn off these features and then set up a grub dual boot. Dual boot is especially desireable if new firmware updates are released since they are most safely installed from inside the Windows environment. All my ACER & HP machines primarily run Mint 19.3 with minimal Windows installations. Storage is so huge and cheap nowadays, the minimal Windows installations really don't have to be that minimal anymore.

Jack E/NJ