Aspire E5-573 charging problem

Romeo94
Romeo94 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi all!

My Aspire E5-573 has a charging problem. A week ago or so, the charging started to glitch. It would only charge if the cable was held in a certain position, however, a day later the charging stopped completely. So, I bought a new charging cable.. It worked for a day, until the same problem came up; it would only charge in a certain position and another day later it stopped working altogether. So, I replaced the connector part in the laptop.. again, it seemed to work for a bit, while the laptop was closed and standby but when it was open and running it kept on beeping but didn't charge. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? Maybe the battery itself? It's just so odd and frustrating that a solution seems to work but a day later it doesn't anymore..

I ran a battery report and it says:
Design Capacity "37.000 mWh"
Full Charge Capacity "29,052 mWh"

Thanks in advance to anyone who might come up with ideas, it's very much appreciated!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>I replaced the connector part in the laptop.>>>

Do you mean that you replaced the jack itself? Jack is usually soldered to the mainboard and not an ACER part.

Jack E/NJ

• Romeo94
    Thanks for your comment JackE, I replaced the "Power jack dock connector" That silver box where the charging cable goes in.

• JackE
    OK looks good. With the laptop turned off and plugged in, is the battery charge LED lit steady orange or steady blue? Or is it flashing or unlit?

Jack E/NJ

• Romeo94
    Currently it's unlit and I cannot get it back to a steady orange but it has been steady when I just replaced the jack for example, however, when I closed the laptop back up it quickly stopped and started to have issues connecting again with the beeping and the flashing orange. It's never been blue I think..
  • JackE
    >>>It's never been blue I think..>>>

What happens to this battery charge LED if the laptop remains plugged in but turned off for 8 or more hours?

Jack E/NJ

• Romeo94
    It's been off for 8+ hours and the light started of orange but it's now a steady blue, unless I shift the cable too much and it goes back to unlit, orange and then blue again..
  • JackE
    >>>So, I bought a new charging cable>>>
    >>> I replaced the "Power jack dock connector">>>
    >>>unless I shift the cable too much and it goes back to unlit,>>>

The problem obviously seems to be an intermittent connection failure between jack & the wall plug.

The jack itself has a center pin contact and one or two slider contacts for the plug barrel that should be visible like the image below if you peer inside with a flashlight. If the jack looks OK, then you gotta work your way back to the wall plug. Maybe you lucked out and got a lemon charging cable. Or maybe the issue is closer to the wall plug. Like the charger itself or its AC cable and plug side. I doubt the issue is with the laptop from all your descriptions.

Jack E/NJ