Keyboard is typing the wrong letters & numbers

Celest
Celest Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in All-In-One PCs
It appears that the problem I am having is common to this Acer laptop models as I read so many users having this issues.  I have not seen any response to solve this problem.  Would you be able to help me with this issue.  My laptop is only almost a year old now and had this issue immediately I bought this laptop.  I am using an external keyboard connected to the USB port that works fine.  However, I thought the purpose of having a laptop is to be able to use its keyboard wherever I have to take it. Thank you.

​​//Edited the content to hide personal information.​

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Celest,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,246 Trailblazer
    Yeah, we pretty much need to know what laptop you have. We also will need to know which keyboard is in it. They keyboards are different for almost all different countries/languages. Which keys are acting up, and how do they act? In most cases I've seen here the user had the NumLk on, which caused the numeric keypad embedded into the keyboard to switch from u i o p to 4 5 6 * and etc.. There is often a setting in the BIOS that defaults NumLk to be on even on laptops where you typically don't want it to be.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.