When will Windows 11 come to Predator 500?

Mido96
Mido96 Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
edited October 2021 in Windows 11
Title basically. My friends with other manufacturers' laptops are enjoying their W11 for some time now -  Predator 500

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Does the healthcheck tool show it as supported? If so you should be able to force it by running the health checker, then heading to start -> update and the banner should appear saying that the win 11 upgrade is ready :) 
  • You don't have to wait. Just download the file here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mido96
    edited October 2021
    You don't have to wait. Just download the file here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
    But won't it break anything? I was under assumption that if I can't download W11 yet then Acer didn't test Windows 11 yet for my laptop or didn't optimize it or something like that. Also, will all my data stay if I update it this way?

Leostat said:
    Does the healthcheck tool show it as supported? If so you should be able to force it by running the health checker, then heading to start -> update and the banner should appear saying that the win 11 upgrade is ready :) 
    I have no idea what is this healthcheck tool you're talking about but when I go to Windows settings -> Updates, it says on the right side that my device is compatible with Windows 11 or something and there is a green tick icon.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited October 2021
    Mido96 i would wait a couple of years for them to fix all the major bugs before even trying win 11 :p even 10 still breaks everything plus 11 its even more aggressive stealing your data for selling because thats what MS does and why its pushing everyone to 11 as they pushed to 10 (which most of us found how to disable all the MS spyware or most of it) its up to you anyways and if you care about your privacy :) i stopped caring about mine long time ago as im blacklisted everywhere my data was leaked multiple times over the years welcome to the spamming world xd

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Which Predator 500 model do you have? There have been a bunch of them. If Windows Update says you are compatible that's a very good sign. I'd wait for WU to offer the download to be fully safe, but you can likely go the forced update path with success also.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mido96
    billsey said:
    Which Predator 500 model do you have? There have been a bunch of them.
    2019 model with i7 8750H and 2080 Max-Q.
  • Mido96 said:
    billsey said:
    Which Predator 500 model do you have? There have been a bunch of them.
    It should work. But you need tpm 2.0 too.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mido96
    This laptop does have TPM 2.0. Okay, I will wait then :F
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Mido96 said:
    OK, so likely a PT515-51-xxxx model. That's why WU says your compatible, you have an 8th gen CPU which gives you TPM 2.0. I expect Microsoft just has your model queued up in the list. They release to the list when they've verified the hardware is OK, then push to systems on the list as server loads allow. There have been a bunch of people who jumped the line by manually installing and that loads the servers up, so as they go through the first models adding more models in will be slower than when the initial surge has died off. You are likely just fine to do a manual install right now, but there's no real reason to unless you need to be an early adopter. I put it on three of my machines and all the rest are still on 10. One of the machines I put it on is generating BSODs fairly regularly, so I'm thinking seriously of rolling it back to 10.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mido96
    edited November 2021
    So the update just dropped but I can't install it. Doesn't matter if I try to install it via windows update or with the assistent tool, I get the same error - 0xc190012e.

Any ideas other than wipe your system and install everything from scratch?
  • What is the exact model? Example PT515-51-58VH. Does the same issue occur, when you perform a cold install?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mido96
    Nvm, first solution from this guide fixed it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkfTY_8IRiM