A500 Tablet won't accept my Google Account Sign-in I'm getting the error password doesn't match.

kr1mz0n
kr1mz0n Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Tablets
Unearthed my A500 after 6 years of neglect.  Trying to use it, but it won't accept my google account password.  I reset it (and verified that I was typing it correctly on my phone and my computer), but still doesn't work.  Then I did a 'factory reset' (by going to settings -> privacy -> factory reset), and now I'm trying to set up the account, and again, I'm getting the error saying that the password doesn't match.  
[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Google may have done something in their login process that not supported in the old Android you are running... Or you might be typing with caps lock on. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kr1mz0n
    kr1mz0n Member Posts: 2 New User
    Fairly sure that it wasn't the caps lock (though good thing to check of course).  If it was a change in the unsupported login process, do you think there's any options to upgrade it, or have I just unearthed a relic/paperweight?
  • billsey
    There haven't been any updates to the OS for the A500 for many years (five or six anyway) so if Google has changed the login spec such that it breaks with Android 4.0 and earlier you are pretty much out of luck...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Space232
    Space232 Member Posts: 1 New User

I also have the same issue

• Ant666
    Ant666 Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem just another way to keep us on a leash tried all OS ...gonna try one more way lol

• phbrush
    phbrush Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem. I even created 2 new Gmail accounts with simplest possible passwords , and the problem still occurs, although the new emails/passwords are accepted if I use Windows or my Android phone to log in. I upgraded my A500 to Android 4 and it STILL has the problem.

• billsey

Yes, Google dropped support for the A500 models many years ago, and their current login process requires a newer OS to handle the encryption.

• billsey

Correct, as I stated above.