Displaying a mirrored screen onto my laptop while also using a second monitor TravelMate

HLogan
HLogan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
Displaying a mirrored screen onto my laptop while also using a second monitor for a differnt display

I am looking to mirror my screen on my laptop to a monitor while displaying another screen on another monitor. Essentially, I would have a laptop and another monitor that displays my second screen and then the laptop mirroring on another monitor so the screen can be bigger because the laptop screen is so small.  I was told the only way to do this is with a dock so I have had multiple HDMI outputs.

I have a TravelMate Laptop

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    It's not easy without hardware help such as a dock. It sounds like you could work with two external monitors and the laptop closed? That would allow you to have the Desktop on one monitor and a extended Desktop on the other. What laptop do you have? Most have a single HDMI for a separate monitor but some of the newer ones also have DP over USB-C or TBT to add a second. The dock type will depend on what your laptop supports.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @HLogan,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• HLogan
    HLogan Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Easwar @billsey I have a TravelMate Spin B. It does only have 1 HDMI output. I tried reaching out to customer service and they told me that the docks that they carry from acer would not support my laptop... I am having trouble figuring out how to do the 2 external monitors.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    There are TravelMate Spin B1s and TM Spin B3s, and many sub models of each. It would help a lot in getting the correct info if we knew which model it really is. Should be something like TMB1xx-xxx-xxxx or TMB3xx-xxx-xxxx. (The TM might be expanded to TravelMate) For instance, one of the current TravelMate Spin B3 models available in the US is the TMB311R-31-C45D... Specs have changed a lot with the different generations of these models, especially in the IO ports.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.