Tc1660 wireless keyboard and mouse. Should the new desktop recognise these items on startup?

Options
Trying to set up my new TC1660, falling at first hurdle. Simple questions appear on screen and Cortana speaks them. I cannot move the curser to another field or make the mouse appear on screen to select yes or continue. Help.

Best Answer

• WhiteLightning
    WhiteLightning Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ah. Once I knew where to look. Mine was inserted into a slot could only see the end. Looked like part of the mouse. Acer need a note to tell you where to find this essential part. Thanks.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello!!

@WhiteLightning,  

I understand that you have received Wireless Mouse & Keyboard along with Acer Aspire TC-1660 Desktop and unable to make it to work. 

In order to make the Wireless Mouse & Keyboard connected, there is a USB Dongle present inside the mouse [as shown in below image]

I recommend you to remove the battery cover of the mouse and see inner side of the cover. There you can find the USB Dongle. Remove it and connect that dongle into any one of the USB port in computer. That should make both wireless mouse and keyboard to work. 

Hope this information helps you!!

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• WhiteLightning
    WhiteLightning Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ah. Once I knew where to look. Mine was inserted into a slot could only see the end. Looked like part of the mouse. Acer need a note to tell you where to find this essential part. Thanks.