My acer nitro AN515 54 is having issues fps drops

SweatyElbows76
SweatyElbows76 Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
edited October 2021 in Nitro Gaming
after trying to fix it for a long time my lag spikes have still not gone (Please refer to my previous topics) and I am having troubles while gaming I mainly play Fortnite and my fps drops to 0. this is a big issue I'm sorry if I didn't mention it last time but my laptop always does this weird sound thing that is really loud for at least a few seconds to up to 30 seconds I haven't checked after that because it is too loud and I turn off my laptop using the power button. According to my last topic, I wasn't able to reset my laptop so to fix it I used a system restore point which I created thanks to @GAMING6698 and his guide. after that I reset my laptop to reset everything and cloud reinstall.it ran well for a few days until I heard that sound again today a real loud noise can anyone help me fix this also the lag spikes occur when the sound is made if that helps.

Answers

• @SweatyElbows76
    While playing fortnite? 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • SweatyElbows76
    mainly while playing any game but sometimes while just normally using the laptop also if it helps my intel rapid storage technology app always shows me a notification while starting up the laptop which shows that there could be some sort of error in the future due to a smart event plus i have to click on suppress smart event and this never happened before when i didn't reset

• SweatyElbows76
    can anyone pls help

• SweatyElbows76
    @gaming6698 could upgrading to windows 11 possibly fix the problem on its own or is this some HDD issue?
  • I don't know about these Errors so i am inviting other Ace members to help you
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>there could be some sort of error in the future due to a smart event>>>

There is an issue with your boot drive. Please post a phone photo of your BIOS Information tab.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yes, different models of the Nitro AN515-54 series had different storage devices installed. Do you have a SSD or HDD in yours? How big? From a command prompt enter:
    wmic diskdrive get status
    and report what it says.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited October 2021
    SweatyElbows76 i would recommend not to upgrade to win11 at all wait a few years if you wish to do so also what are your exact specs make sure you have at least 16gb ram in dual channel i would recommend hyperx or vengeance also have you optimised your windows properly and undervolted are you having thermal issue s???? and make sure your OS drive has at least 10% of the full storage free at all times for the windows virtual memory and page file to work properly also do u have a ssd or hdd as far as im aware never seen a ssd with smart errors that would only happen on hdds and when it does replace it asap its failing you cant fix it make sure you have yur OS running from the ssd and not the hdd good luck :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• SweatyElbows76
    @billsey and @xapim I have a HDD 1TB with 16gigs intel optane memory 8gigs ram for Fortnite that should only create some lag spikes though and not affect the entire machine. The memory is i believe dual-channel 8 gigs hyperx btw and yes I have undervolted but sometimes while running Fortnite i get to 90 degrees on nitrosense with cool boost and i just recently reset the laptop so i have a lot of storage

• SweatyElbows76
    Guys is it safe to share bios info i never even opened bios before I don't know much about it. Also what is the bios information tab cuz i opened my bios and i just took the picture of the first screen i saw

• SweatyElbows76
    @JackE i hope this is wht you are looking for
  • SweatyElbows76
    Oh btw in the event of this being malware should i run something named tronscript?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>error in the future due to a smart event plus i have to click on suppress smart event and this never happened before when i didn't reset>>>

This 'smart' error is probably generated by the Seagate HDD. It is actually a warning of eminent HDD failure. I suggest replacing the HDD ASAP. If it was mine, I'd probably get rid of the optane card (not one of Intel's better ideas), install a 2.5" SSD or m.2 SSD, and switch from RST to AHCI Sata mode. Don't delay. Do it now.

Jack E/NJ

• Can you check the health of optane memory and hard disk with the crystaldiskinfo program?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)