why is my friends ram run slower on same pc an515-44

Madmixd
Madmixd Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

edited October 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi my friend and i got same pc an515-44 we have same ram but my ram is faster 2666 and 2400 is what he got 

My ram 

friends ram 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    They both run at the same speed, but his has been throttled a bit since the extra isn't needed. That saves on power... What processors do you each have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    No. They're both the same 2666MHz frequency. The graphs show the amount of total RAM in use, not its frequency. If you're friend opens more programs, his graph of RAM usage will increase/

Jack E/NJ

• Madmixd

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    They both run at the same speed, but his has been throttled a bit since the extra isn't needed. That saves on power... What processors do you each have?
    ryzen 5 4600h 

• Madmixd

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    No. They're both the same 2666MHz frequency. The graphs show the amount of total RAM in use, not its frequency. If you're friend opens more programs, his graph of RAM usage will increase/
    look mhz on menager ss 
  • Madmixd

Tinkerer

ss 1 is me ss2 is my friend and i got 2666 when he have 2400 on same ram and pc spec 
  • Madmixd

Tinkerer

we have 2x 8 gb hyper x 2666mhz cl15 in each pc just in case you ask do we have diffrent ram in other slot no same die in 2 slots 
  • JackE
    They are the same speed.

Jack E/NJ

• Madmixd

Tinkerer

yeah but only on cpuz but system says something else and while gameing nvidia shows ram speed as my 2666 my friends 2400. 

cpu z shows die speed not what speed it runs in system 
  • Madmixd

Tinkerer

by the way bios also shows 2666 and 2400 but i cant change it 
  • JackE
    >>>yeah but only on cpuz but system says something else>>>

What system? Post a screenshot of what system says.

Jack E/NJ

• Post a photo of the bios too.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Madmixd

Tinkerer

photo 1 and 4 is from task menager you can see ram speed there bios says same thing