LCD Issues with Acer C722-K4CN

Options
ashbs
ashbs Member Posts: 2 New User
Recently purchased the Acer C722-K4CN and are starting to see LCD dimming issues with them. Screen acts like something is just unplugged enough to interfere with the connection. Have checked all cable connections, replaced LCD panels and LCD cables, power washed and reset the OS. Just wondering if this model is going to turn out to have a major defect. 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    ashbs,

Plz post the screen pic here.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Make sure it's an actual picture of the screen, not a screen shot! :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ashbs
    ashbs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Acer is aware of this LCD issue with this model. I have sent in units for their R&D team to look at. 
  • JoeLouisville
    JoeLouisville Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am up to 25 devices with dim screen.  Hopefully ACER will send out replacement screens so I don't have to send in all 25 Chromebooks.
  • rsass
    rsass Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    We too have had several issues with this model . . . maybe 20 units. We return them under warranty, but constantly having to trade Chromebooks out is a hassle. We bought these over the summer and have at least 1 - 2 a week go down this way. You can see a faint display, but it's unusable.
  • MAnderson
    MAnderson Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same issue here - I've had about 10% of the 450 I bought last summer go bad so far.