Where can I download recovery software for Acer Aspire A515-46

ArchangelRenzoku
ArchangelRenzoku Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I installed and replaced the original 128GB SSD with a 512GB one without cloning it. An existing installation of W11 existed on the new SSD, Windows was reset (everything deleted), but the manufacturer name is still ASUS from the old computer. I did make a recovery disk before switching but the new SSD wouldn't complete recovery off the USB drive. Reformatted and tried again - no luck. I assume it has something to do with there being an existing /recovery drive on the SSD and for security Windows doesn't overwrite them without formatting first... I don't have any actual problems running everything this way, but I'm just curious... is the recovery software available for download anywhere or can I purchase it from Acer on a disk? Thanks.

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    ArchangelRenzoku

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   scroll down -  click on eRecovery media on the bottom of page.   Enter the snid no - you can place the order for recovery media.   It might be a set of disks or recovery usb flash drive.    Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.    You can also order it from Acer store. 

Recovery media is a unique media which is designed only for your computer.    It cannot be used on any other computer.    It comes with drivers and applications which is designed for your computer.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    ArchangelRenzoku

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   scroll down -  click on eRecovery media on the bottom of page.   Enter the snid no - you can place the order for recovery media.   It might be a set of disks or recovery usb flash drive.    Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.    You can also order it from Acer store. 

Recovery media is a unique media which is designed only for your computer.    It cannot be used on any other computer.    It comes with drivers and applications which is designed for your computer.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★