Nitro AN515-54 & HDMI Issues

Options
MaddyTsuki
MaddyTsuki Member Posts: 7 New User
Yesterday when connecting to my Bluetooth headphones, my laptop had suddenly decided that "No Audio Devices Connected" until I troubleshooted with Get Help. Unsure if this is related with my current issue, but I felt it important to mention. Usually my laptop is connected to a TV through HDMI. It was finicky but it worked through trial and error connection. However, today suddenly when playing audio through my TV has a crackling, staticy sound all the time. I've uninstalled and reinstalled devices and drivers, restarted countless times, tried a different HDMI cord, and already have fast startup disabled as the internet has told me but nothing has worked. I put a lot of effort into having this setup work and suddenly this finds me which leads me to think it's a software issue but I don't know where to go from here.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @MaddyTsuki,

Right-click the volume control icon on the bottom taskbar and click on "Playback Devices" to open the pop-up window for sound options. In the "Playback" tab, select "Digital Output Device" or "HDMI" as the default device, click "Set Default" and click "OK" to save the changes.
  • MaddyTsuki
    Options
    Sorry, seems I wasn't clear. It's not that it isn't playing audio, it is. The audio just sounds really bad, ranging from YouTube videos to even Windows sounds. It is already my default playback device when I connect to it.
  • NaRa85
    NaRa85 Member Posts: 23 Networker
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Assuming you managed to play previously but with some issue using the HDMI, I might suspect the HDMI port giving issue. Probably loose connection or bad drivers.

• MaddyTsuki
    Options
    I connected to another television through HDMI and don't hear any obnoxious buzzing, making me think it is either my TV or drivers related to the TV.