My Aspire 1 does not boot from a USB stick Why?

david_64
david_64 Member Posts: 1 New User
I purchased a Acer Aspire 1 laptop and a usb stick will not show up in file manager and it is not in boot menu in bios so I cannot boot from it does anyone know Why?

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @david_64

Have you tried the flash drive in another USB port?

Normally a USB stick will have a Fat32 format when new. However, if the USB stick not initialized it may not show up. Since the USB stick doesn't have anything bootable from it yet, it will not show up in boot menu for sure.

Assuming you have Win 10 OS, in the task bar search field, type: disk manager

See if this flash drive will appear under that as an offline device. If so, you can format it.
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    edited October 2021
    david_64

Usb stick is used for storage purpose.    You will not be able to use it to boot the computer unless you have an operating system present in it.   You need to configure the settings on the bios to boot the usb if operating system is present on it.   

If it is a regular usb flash drive without operating system then you can use it only for storage purpose. 

If it is not getting detected on file manager try to connect the usb flash drive on a different usb port and check.  To isolate the issue, try to use the same flash drive on a different computer and check.   Try to use alternative flash drives on this computer  and check whether they are getting detected.  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★