What & where is the "Turbo button" on Acer T3-715 ?

Kuen
Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
In Acer's layout of the motherboard of T3-715, there is a Turbo button.
Where is it?
What is it for?

Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    On the models that support Turbo mode, the button switches from the normal clock speed to the processor to a faster speed. Some models don't support it, so don't have a turbo button.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kuen
    Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    billsey said:
    On the models that support Turbo mode, the button switches from the normal clock speed to the processor to a faster speed. Some models don't support it, so don't have a turbo button.
    Thank you.

Is there a Turbo button on Acer aspire T3-715?

I am have issues, deadly issue on Acer aspire T3-715.  Therefore, I refer to Acer's T3-715 motherboard layout for reference.
    And Acer shows that there is a Turbo button on board of T3-715 but in fact there is no such a thing.

WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT ???

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    You probably got a late model version of the T3-715 with limit production and documentation. 
    Do you have the date and full model and mother board numbers as that may help someone from Acer 
  • Larryodie
    In the same token , yours could have been a early model that they changed later but I tend to believe that you have a later model as cost was chopped (deleted at least one button), 
  • Larryodie
    I fixed TV's for years, documentation was not always factual as late and early productions were not available. In the flat screen years, it got to be that very little documentation was available as we're in a throw away society as ACER believes too. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Kuen,

The button activates the high speed mode of the proprietary Acer Sense cooling system. If it generated "problems" it would certainly not be implemented. As well as constant use, it will generate faster wear. Each user must evaluate the need to activate or not the turbo.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    The T3-715 doesn't have the turbo button implemented on the case, so it's likely only for a different model that uses the same base motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.