Color/Vibrance issues with Acer XV272U Monitor

Options
adp1723
adp1723 Member Posts: 1 New User

I just got my new 27" Acer XV272U monitor in the mail this week, and I'm trying to figure out if something is wrong with it because of the following:

1. There aren't any noticeable changes whatsoever when I switch between the different preset color modes (Standard, Action, Racing, Graphics, etc.).

2. HDR mode looks very colorful/vibrant, but all the other modes look really dull and washed out (again, they all look the exact same). I've tried to manually adjust all the settings, but I can't seem to get something that's balanced between the super bright/vibrant look of the HDR mode and the dull/washed out look of the other modes.

3. Text almost looks slightly pixelated (it's very subtle, but it bothers me).  The text on my laptop screen looks WAY sharper/crisp.

I previously had the Acer CB271HU (a cheaper model with lower specs), and it was way more customizable and a ton of different color/brightness options that were great. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed so far, so I'm hoping that someone can either tell me how to fix these issues or confirm if I indeed got a faulty monitor.  Thanks!

Answers

• BCBrewer
    BCBrewer Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I've been told that the newer xv272u panels are dimmer and washed out with a slight yellow hue and also not getting anywhere near the advertised brightness. 
  • BCBrewer
    Options
    Best bet is to return the monitor and get something else, the problem with xv272u is pretty wide spread 
  • BCBrewer
    Options
    Quick follow up, I received my xv272u last Friday, spent all weekend with it, I'm sending it back today. Had 3 dead pixels and in non Hdr it was very dim and lacked deep colors. I just picked up the LG 27GP850 and what a difference, not touching acer again.