GPU and CPU voltage drops when I play games like GTA 5 in acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53(2020)

Options
Kanishak18
Kanishak18 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2021 in Predator Laptops
I own a Acer Predator Helios 300 ph315-53 with Core i7-10750h and Nvidia RTX 2060, I always play games in turbo mode but while playing GTA 5 or any other game suddenly my voltage of GPU drops down from 80.1W to 34.5W and the fps drops from 115 to 32 but as i turn of turbo mode it gets back again to normal but again starts the same thing and my laptop is always plugged in. Please help me in this regard. I am also attaching the photo of this instance in which Photo1 is when Turbo Mode is on and photo2 is when Turbo Mode is off, else you can refer these images for other information.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,319 Pathfinder
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Kanishak18
    HIGH CPU TEMPERATURE!!

Follow this guide completely step by step-by-step→
    Windows 10 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

This guide also reduce CPU background process so it may reduce your CPU temperature and give you stable fps.
    Thermal throttling start when temperatures reaches 90°C
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Sidharth23
    Sidharth23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Bro I have the same lap and the same issue.when I play every game like forza, gta, tomb Raider the voltage drops and the fps drops. I had no issue when playing valorent. Is there any solutions? 
  • FakeFire100
    FakeFire100 Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Options
    I was having this issue also and i solve it ,, you have to change thermal paste(MX-4 OR MX-5) , re-paste the CPU and GPU and don't touch Pink Paste . after that, download Throttlestop. do the same setting as i have for the CPU CORE and CPU CACHE press OK, Save and turn it ON then minimize the app.
    After you finish playing the game , go to Throttlestop press TURN OFF  then go control panel, power option , press balance to get things back to normal.