Is there a light inside the case of T3-715 ?

Kuen
Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
I remember there was a light inside the case of desktops, in a corner & close to the PSU.  I have not opened any PC cases since 2015.  Now, my T3-715 is having issues & I open its case to check for the problems, I do not see any light in the case.

Is there or should there be a light inside the case of T3-715 ?

Thanks.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Kuen,

No, there is no light in inside the unit. 
  • Kuen
    Easwar said:
    Kuen,

No, there is no light in inside the unit. 
    Thank you.

Are you sure?  There is not light inside PC case now?  Since when, please?

There was a light inside PC cases of Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7, and the light is lit when the PC is switched on.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Cool, Looks like that you've found your problem,. Replace the lamp bulb. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    It used to be standard process for a designer to put a status LED on the motherboard, just to verify that there was power connected. That is no longer the case, it is just considered a wasteful expense for a design to do that. There are motherboards with lighting, usually in the high end gaming rigs, but not by default.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kuen
    Larryodie said:
    Cool, Looks like that you've found your problem,. Replace the lamp bulb. 
    Thank you.

Are you kidding?  Where is the light bulb located?  It would not be bulb, so to speak, but a kind of LED indicator.  I searched with a flash light and did not find anything or any trace like it.

• Kuen
    billsey said:
    It used to be standard process for a designer to put a status LED on the motherboard, just to verify that there was power connected. That is no longer the case, it is just considered a wasteful expense for a design to do that. There are motherboards with lighting, usually in the high end gaming rigs, but not by default.
    Thank you.

"it is just considered a wasteful expense"
    Understandable.