My acer Swift SF314-59's trackpad is lagging

loloel
loloel Member Posts: 6 New User
edited October 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Good morning, 

I hope everyone is fine. I'd like to foremost express my frustration towards Acer's laptops. I have only had my laptop(Swift SF314-59) for a month, and here I am having my trackpad lagging (dancing around). I had saved up a lot of money to be able to purchase this laptop as it had very interesting specs etc. 
I have tried disable and enabled my trackpad driver doesn't work. 
I did a Windows Memory Diagnostic, and I had no failing hardware. 
So please, could someone help me fix this issue. 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Click human interface devices folder. Right click and uninstall touchpad driver. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn machine back on and let Windows auto detect the touchpad and install a fresh copy of its driver.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    loloel,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • loloel
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Click human interface devices folder. Right click and uninstall touchpad driver. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn machine back on and let Windows auto detect the touchpad and install a fresh copy of its driver.
    Hey so I just tried uninstalling the touchpad driver, but still isn't working. Maybe it is the wrong driver I am uninstalling, here's a screenshot of how my human interface device looks like. I uninstalled the Tobbi Touchpad. Is it the one? 

• loloel
    Easwar said:
    loloel,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
    Hey Easwar I just tried what you told me to do, but it still isn't working, it is still lagging. Is there any other way you can help me? Again thanks I really appreciate the help. 
  • JackE
    edited October 2021
    Uninstall the two i2c hid devices. Exit without reinstalling anything again. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it on again.

Also how many devices are listed in the mice and other pointing devices folder?

Jack E/NJ

• loloel
    JackE said:
    Uninstall the two i2c hid devices. Exit without reinstalling anything again. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it on again.

Also how many devices are listed in the mice and other pointing devices folder?
    I just uninstalled the  the two i2c hid devices, still lagging. There are two devices listed in the mice and other pointing device. I added a screenshot. Again, I really appreciate the help. 

• loloel
    Hey Easwar

I just tried what you told me to do, but it is still lagging, this is very frustrating. Is there another way to fix this issue? Thanks again for the help

• Can you record a video of the problem and post it on youtube?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    >>> I have only had my laptop(Swift SF314-59) for a month, and here I am having my trackpad lagging>>>

Did the touchpad always behave this way?

Jack E/NJ

• loloel
    JackE said:
    >>> I have only had my laptop(Swift SF314-59) for a month, and here I am having my trackpad lagging>>>

Did the touchpad always behave this way?
    No it was working perfectly fine, for a month and now it just lags. 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE

>>>it was working perfectly fine, for a month and now it just lags. >>>>

If egydiocoelho  's reset pinhole suggestion doesn't work, Then perform an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset. Then make sure System Protection is turned on in Control Panel's restore point app just in case an errant Win10 update is causing this issue.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
  • JackE
    >>>it was working perfectly fine, for a month and now it just lags. >>>>

If egydiocoelho  's reset pinhole suggestion doesn't work, Then perform an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset. Then make sure System Protection is turned on in Control Panel's restore point app just in case an errant Win10 update is causing this issue.

Jack E/NJ