Many consecutive issues with my Acer Aspire 5 A514-54

Options
2»

Comments

• CosmoApple
    CosmoApple Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    So 1. I did this and there were no options that existed that you said, high performance was missing and ppm

And 2. 
    It was time, dropped it off for replacement, will try one more time with the replaced laptop, adding more problems if i find them.

If the problems are just like this one I will go for a different model

Thanks @JackE and others for helping me!
    I will be back!
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @CosmoApple

Hopefully the Win 11 OS will have your issue resolved. Try it when you can.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sorry. Your power plan screen should look something like this.

And when you click on create a power plan the option should look something like this.

Jack E/NJ

• CosmoApple
    Options
    I'm back @JackE and @ttttt!

So far the replacement has crashed 2 times

Both being a black screen with either white lines or squares

The only thing I did was install minecraft and discord to test it. 
    And the only thing in response to the crashes was update windows to 21H1

Everything else is stock.

This is very annoying.

Also windows removed the high performance battery option in version 2004 or newer.

Please help. 

However the good news is that it did perform MUCH better than the old one, the fans were not sounding like jet engines while playing minecraft and they were pretty silent!

I also did DXDiag and will upload it here.

I do believe the second crash might have been throttling because i did plug it in when it was under 50% so...
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Also windows removed the high performance battery option in version 2004 or newer.>>>

The performance  plan should still be there in 21H1, just in a slightly different location as mentioned a few weeks ago. See below.

>>>opens these options>>>

Jack E/NJ

• CosmoApple
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @JackE

i have been trying to tell you repeatedly 
    that option is not there, all it shows is balanced, i cant restore it as i have already tried

Please can you look at the dxdiag for any visible bugs or errors? As well as this, is it possible if you have found a solved solution on this same problem somewhere on the web

the good thing about the replacement is that it runs 100% better than the old one by fan noise and fps

• JackE
    Options
    >>>have been trying to tell you repeatedly that option is not there, all it shows is balanced>>>\

Something's wrong with your Balanced Plan page. Look closely at the left pane in which only the balanced plans shows. Do you see an option "CREATE A POWER PLAN" in the left pane like shown below?  If yes, Click on it and see what happens. I will again check the dxd file but please check again if the "CREATE A POWER PLAN" option is missing. If missing there is something wrong with your 20H1 or 20H2 Windows installation.

Jack E/NJ

• CosmoApple
    Options
    @JackE its fine i dont think the power affects anything severe anyway

please can we focus on dxdiag and testing? 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Would adding a high performance power plan work?>>>its fine i dont think the power affects anything severe anyway>>>please can we focus on dxdiag and testing?  >>>

What do you mean by this? Either you could enable the high performance plan or you couldn't. Either it resolves the freeze problem or it doesn't.

The dxdiag file is hundreds of lines long. Nothing stands out especially any hardware issues. Only a few non-descript app and system file signatures which are quite unrelated to freezing under lengthy gaming power loads. The A5 series, especially without a discrete GPU and dedicated VRAM, are not considered gaming laptops and can't be expected to perform like a gaming machine.

You've had this laptop for over a month now. You're clearly are not happy with it. I suggest that you try to return it to the vendor ASAP as not meeting your needs and seek a refund or exchange on another model or brand. You should do this before the vendor's RMA policy period expires because ACER warranty service will take longer with shipping involved. They will probably just re-install the original OEM factory version Win10, check out that it boots up OK and run  a few hardware tests that probably won't duplicate the loads experienced in a multi-hour Minecraft gaming session in high performance mode.

Jack E/NJ

• CosmoApple
    Options
    Ok thats what will happen now, i will look for black friday deals for better spec, i sent it back. Thanks
  • MRAGAB21
    MRAGAB21 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Black screen & power after 30 second reset ..need support 
    when install new windows ask upgrade power and connect charger after this black screen & power reset every 30 second

please support
  • JackE
    Options

Please start your  own new thread for better attention by clicking on the green 'ask a question' button.

Jack E/NJ

• sanwin
    sanwin Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi hello I also have the same problem as him. After a week of purchase, while I am on my zoom at about half an hour, the bugging noise comes up from the left part of the laptop and the screen went black out. So, I forced shut down since none of the keys work. Then, I went to the company since they gave me 1 year warranty. They said that it was SSD problem and they replaced with a new SSD. But the problem isn't solved. The same problem comes up whenever I am on zoom at about half an hour. The laptop is all okay and functions really well when I use other apps but not zoom.Can u recommend me what should I do? Should I return the laptop and asks a refund?
  • JackE
    Options
    Register and post your issue on the Zoom forums since it does not appear to be a hardware problem with your laptop. Only a Zoom software issue.

Jack E/NJ