ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300 PH-315-54. HOW TO FIX MICROPHONE?

crypto
crypto Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi everyone, I recently bought acer predator helios 300 PH-315-54. I use a 3.5mm jack headset. The mic works fine when i'm using discord but as soon as I open game and start playing the microphone stops working and my friends cant hear me. I even set it to headset in audio console but the problem continues. I've updated my drivers yet I cannot find HD audio manager. Can someone help me with this.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    crypto,

Enable the microphone to access the game app,

Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Microphone in Windows 10  Tutorials
  • crypto
    @Easwar
    I tried this but it did not change anything. I even tried reinstalling the drivers but it was of no use. microphone works fine with usb type headset but it stops working with 3.5mm jack and that too when the game starts.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    crypto,

So you said "it stops working with 3.5mm jack and that too when the game starts". Is there any sound settings in the game to customize.
  • crypto
    @Easwar
    I did everything possible. I even replaced the product today but the problem continues. There is something wrong with PH315-54  3.5mm jack. (And also in the new replaced laptop when I select headset option in audio console there is a distortion in speakers as well). what should be my next step now?