CB317 Please make higher-end CBs!

Ripcord2000
Ripcord2000 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in Chromebooks
(Not sure where else to post this or send this)

Chromebooks are my platform of choice for home and work for a variety of reasons.  And I want to buy another Acer.

But the current offerings are just too low-end.  I'd love, for example, to pick up a CB317, but with the fastest CPU being a N6000 it's just a little too underpowered for what I do (I had one, it even struggled with some Zoom sessions, let alone development work I do).  And 64GB of disk is super limiting if you're using Linux and other things.  Or your single 15" model - the one you have listed is a 6-series, but it has a Pentium 4417U, with 32GB of disk?  Sell me an i5 (or an i7) with bigger-screen systems!  More 15+" screen options!  128GB+!  I'll buy several.

Oh, and an option to not use the stupid, cramped, off-center "full screen" keyboard (please!)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    The Acer Chromebook Spin 13 - CP713-1WN that's available in the store (in the US) is i5 based, and it look like they have i7 based models coming in once the i7 shortage lets up. Look for the Spin 7 models for the higher end.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.